Why does my tooth hurt? Causes of teeth pain! – Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry
Why does my tooth hurt? Causes of teeth pain! - Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry
Although the causes of dental pain are wide and diverse, our dentist must give you an evaluation to find the origin of the problem and to carry out a specific treatment to deal with your pain.
- One of the main causes for tooth pain is usually due to tooth decay. In this case it will be the dentist who is in charge of assessing the condition of the caries and from there find the best option for the treatment… likely a root canal, whereas if the caries is very active and has caused irreparable damage to the tooth, only the option would be to remove it.
- Fractures or dental fissures are other causes for intense pain and once again we must talk about the importance of the prompt attention by a professional dentists. Cracked teeth are some of the most common accidents we see when people come to have a vacation in Cancun. Sometimes a patients slips on the pool, gets a volleyball to the face, falls from his or her All-terrain bike on a tour, etc. We attended walk-ins and dental emergencies at our dental clinic in Cancun.
- Another common cause of dental pain is due to the exposed dental roots, a situation that occurs when the gums retract and when they come in contact with hot or cold foods trigger a quite painful and sharp discharge.
There are other types of causes that are not related directly with the tooth, for example:
- Abscesses or gingival phlegm, a disease of a periodontal nature and noted for being very painful and not only affects the area in which it occurs (gums) but also can move to other areas of the body such as the ear or throat.
- Pericoronitis is another cause of dental pain that does not always affect the tooth itself, and in this case it should be noted that this condition results in an inflammation in the gingiva because a tooth tries to emerge to its natural position. This happens a lot with the eruption of wisdom teeth.
- The last option can also be a pain from the joints of your jaw from nightime bruxism (teeth grinding while sleeping), because of the increased pressure on your jaw and teeth. If your teeth hurt early in the morning when you are waking up, this might be the reason.
If you want to know more about what our dentists in Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry can do for you call toll free from USA and Canada 1-800-565-1424, or if you are already on vacation in Cancun and want to meet us, you can call us for an appointment at the following local number (998) 1-40-51-25.