The 5 warning signs to go to the dentist!
The 5 warning signs to go to the dentists! - Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry
While its recommended that you visit the dentist at least once every six months, it’s also important not to wait to have obvious symptoms to go to the dentist. This is a mistake, since many oral diseases present visible symptoms in their initial stages. The best way to prevent the development of major oral diseases is to prevent them and act quick when they show up.
In case of developing any of these symptoms, it is advisable to go to the dentist as soon as possible:
- Pain in the oral cavity. Pain in the teeth and gums is a clear symptom that something is not right on your mouth. In fact some pathologies such as dental decay produce intense pain, which can alter the quality of life of the patient.
- Changes in gums. Healthy gums should look pink. Sore gums are usually red and swollen. In general this is a typical symptom of periodontal diseases such as gingivitis. The inflamed gums tend to bleed during the brushing, another very clear signal of the development of an oral pathology.
- Bleeding. While some bleeding while brushing your teeth is a sign of gum disease (which also needs to be addressed), if your mouth bleeds easily for several days and for no apparent reason, it is necessary to go to a checkup with the dentist as soon as possible.
- Changes in teeth. As with the gums, changes in dental pieces warn that something is wrong. The appearance of spots or the formation of tartar can complicate oral health. It is advisable to go to the dentist to undergo treatments such as professional dental cleaning.
- Irritations and blemishes. The development of irritations and mouth spots is often a sign of poor oral hygiene. The irritations disappear after a few days. But if it takes too long to heal, it is advisable to go to the dentist to make an observation of the oral cavity.
If you want to know more about what our dentists in Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry can do for you call toll free from USA and Canada 1-800-565-1424, or if you are already on vacation in Cancun and want to meet us, you can call us for an appointment at the following local number (998) 1-40-51-25.