Whether you are looking for dental implants or regular dentures, Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry prides itself on providing the best care for our patients, explaining everything they need to know about the proper care of their teeth and prosthesis. This time around we will talk about normal dentures. Sometimes people don’t feel the need to get mini implant snap in dentures or permanent All-on-4 and are just fine with regular dentures or partials. We can obviously also make normal dentures for you if you come to vacation in Cancun. Here are some tips you might like to read on how to clean your dentures:
• Rinse dentures after every meal, using a conventional toothbrush or a special denture brush.
• The use of toothpaste to clean this type of prosthesis is contraindicated because it causes opacity and deterioration of the outer layer of the prosthesis eliminating time its original brightness, promoting the porosity of the material, which in the future will facilitate aggregation bacteria to it and with it the formation of plaque and tartar.
• Dentists usually insists patients to clean their dentures, if not after every meal, at least once a day before sleeping.
• Remove the prosthesis to sleep (unless its a permanent one), since it is recommended that tissues of the mouth rest from the pressure they are subjected and also because sleeping with them has been liked to health complications like pneumonia.
• While the denture is kept out of the mouth, it is advisable to keep it in water, either alone, or by adding a disinfectant tablets.
• It is advisable to massage the gums with a soft brush after using a dentures to improve blood irrigation in the area and clean plaque build up on the tissue.
• For crowns and fixed bridges, brushing should be done in the same way as that of a natural tooth. There are flosses specially designed for this type of prosthesis, and is also recommended to use mouthwash.
If you want to know more about what our dentists in Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry can do for you call toll free from USA and Canada 1-800-565-1424, or if you are already on vacation in Cancun and want to meet us, you can call us for an appointment at the following local number (998) 1-40-51-25.