Are you ready to get rid of bad breath? We will tell you how to avoid bad breath, also known as halitosis:
- Stop Smoking: Bad breath is one of the many reasons to quit smoking. Tobacco damages the gums and stains your teeth, in addition to increasing the risk of oral cancer. Anyone around you may notice the breath of tobacco! It’s better for all!
- Scrap your tongue: the layer that forms naturally on the tongue can harbor foul smelling bacteria. To eliminate them, it is necessary to gently brush the tongue with the toothbrush or a tongue scraper, which is specially designed to remove this bacteria, food remains and dead cells that remain on the tongue.
- Moisturize your mouth: Lack of saliva promotes tooth decay and causes breathing problems. If your mouth is dry, drink plenty of water during the day. Chewing sugarless gum or using an air humidifier overnight will help solve this problem.
- Avoid bad-breath foods: Foods like onion and garlic are your main enemies. Unfortunately, brushing your teeth after eating them does not help as the volatile substances that cause the bad breath to travel to the lungs through the bloodstream, from where you breathe them out. The only way to avoid the problem is not to eat them, especially before occasions where you are specifically concerned about halitosis.
- Rinse your mouth: antibacterial wash mouths add extra protection by reducing the plaque that causes bacteria.
- Keep your gums healthy: Periodontal disease is a very common cause of bad breath. The bacteria concentrate in pockets at the base of the teeth, creating bad odors. If you suffer from gingivitis or periodontitis, the Periodontist will help you deal with this problem.
If you want to know more about what our dentists in Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry can do for you call toll free from USA and Canada 1-800-565-1424, or if you are already on vacation in Cancun and want to meet us, you can call us for an appointment at the following local number (998) 1-40-51-25.